From Ace’s merchandising department:
Color for 2010 is sophisticated, organic, and contemporary yet comforting. According to World Global Style Network, the tinted, shadowy colors inspire a romantic mood with overtones of drama. Dense darks create mystery and a desire for hibernation.
Here is a recap of what to expect in the 2010 season:
- Dark charcoal replaces true black.
- Grays are tinted with blue, green and mauve for a new take on neutrals.
- Greens turn more gray and to oceanic blue-greens. You will also see brighter spearmint greens.
- Intense indigo-ink blue and gray-tinted blues are important.
- Rich purples are tinted with gray or brighter blue. Dark mauves have an almost brown cast and pale tones are washed out or metallic-inspired.
- True yellow is replaced with nature-inspired tones of corn and wheat. Browns and oranges are organic and earth-based.
- Color-washed pales are pretty and clean with a hint of nostalgia.
- Super-bright red with an orange cast is important, as are raspberry and watermelon.
- Highlights of neon pink and bright lime are used across many palettes to add a modern aesthetic.
- Another important trend is using bright colors on accent pieces like chairs and side tables.
Stay tuned for our painting DIY video with Kendra at Tenleytown Ace Hardware.