- WIN 3 FREE GALLONS of Benjamin Moore Regal Select paint for you and a friend! Follow us on Instagram and tag a f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Thinking about becoming an egg head? Now’s the time! Buy any Big Green Egg grill $399 and up and get a 20lb. Big Gr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- It's our BIGGEST paint sale of the year! Shop Benjamin Moore paint this week and save $10 on gallons of Regal Selec… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- $20 5th St. Ace Hardware 5th Street Ace 5th Street ace hardware 2010 color trends Ace ace hardware a few cool hardware stores artificial trees back to school Baltimore batteries big box Biking CFL charity Children's Miracle Network Hospitals christmas Christmas cookies christmas gifts christmas tree lots christmas trees cookies costar costumes Coupon craftsman custom blinds dc council DIY dog toy duke ellington school of the arts Dyson energy efficiency Energy Saver fall planting families federal hill ace flashlight free Fresh Wave Garden gina schaefer Glover Park Hardware grills halloween hand sanitizer Hardware heat wave Holiday holiday decor holiday gifts holiday party home depot Home Improvement Home Maintenance hunter douglas interior design kumquat tree Ladies' Night Lawn and Garden logan hardware old takoma ace organization paint patio furniture pet adoption red hot buys roslyn ashford Sale urban referrals washington dc waverly ace weatherization wigzi
Tag Archives: 5th Street ace hardware
20% off your purchase during the event!
One morning last week, 5th Street Ace Hardware associate Jacqui, woke up to no water. Blame it on the heat wave. Blame it on DC. This wouldn’ t have been a total crisis for Jacqui (she’s a low maintenance gal and we love her for it), except there was this date she’d planned for the night. A first date. And second-day hair just won’t do, as she’s not only a hardware genius, she’s also a brilliant hair stylist. (Represent!)
What’s a girl to do?
Well, Jacqui sat for a moment and contemplated. Go second-day hair all the way. Bike to work and stick her head under the faucet in the employee bathroom. (Mmmm, no.) Thirst ensued over her deliberation, and she quickly remembered the FULL Brita water pitcher in her fridge. It would be cold water, but it would do. And after a few stifling 100+-degree days, what a relief.
With head over the bath and pitcher in hand, Jacqui’s shampoo technique was a study in water conservation that these guys would applaud: Just enough to wet her hair. A nice lather. Another trickle to rinse (no conditioner) and still enough for tooth brushing.
Just another inventive Ace employee doing what she does.
Products that can help:
- Low-flow shower head. (WaterPik’s EcoFlow, 4302915, $29.99)
- Outdoor irrigation systems w/timer. (Ace Electronic Water Timer, 7198476, $44.99)