These make a purdy holiday gift.
For our Fall Planting Day at Glover Park Hardware on Saturday 9/25, we put together a handy how-to on forcing bulbs, which, by the way, make gorgeous holiday gifts.
If you can make it to Glover Park Hardware that day, we’ll also have:
- 25% off all plants and seeds
- 30% off pottery
- Get a $50 gift card when you purchase a grill (any brand) over $249. (Gift card redeemable after 9/25.)
- Free seed packets to the first 200 customers.
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free Topsy Turvy products (already reduced 30%)
- Coffee tastings from our Keurig single cup coffee maker
Last weekend to use your Back to School coupon!
Posted in DIY, How-To, Lawn and Garden, Sale
Tagged coffee tasting, fall planting, forcing bulbs, Glover Park Hardware, grills, keurig, Sale, seed packet, topsy turvy
Nature's Candy: Perfectly sweet and delicious.
Glover Park Hardware gets strawberries in this weekend! And let me tell you how crucial they’ll be when it’s rhubarb-pie-making time. Gotta have that sweet with the sour. We also love them in salads with candied pecans or just straight off the vine and into your cereal bowl. Here are some tips on growing them.
This salad looks so yummy! We can't wait for spring! (photo by: Romulo Yanes)
Yes the snow still flies (a LOT), but we’re thinking spring bounty and have stocked up on seeds! We have lots of radish varieties, which are quick and easy to work with and good for kids to see the growing process, according to Jen Ward, Glover Park manager. Also look out for:
- Asian baby leaf lettuce mix
- Peppers and tomatoes
Jen recommends this frisee salad recipe. Yum!